In 2012 The Scottish Government changed the way Registered Social Landlords access Wider Role funding and The People and Communities Fund (PCF) was set up. PCF supports community organisations to grow and strengthen by delivering outcomes to meet and respond to the aspirations of their communities.
WHAT WILL IT FUND?
The Scottish Government will have at least £6m available for allocation in each of the three years from 2012/13 to 2014/15. This funding is available to organisations to allow them to deliver the services and/or projects that have been identified by the community as helping it achieve its outcomes.
There are two main priorities:
· Preventative action
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
The PCF is aimed at Registered Social Landlords and other community anchor organisations such as community development trusts. To be eligible to apply for the fund the Association will have to demonstrate in our applications that we meet certain criteria such as:
· Controlled by local residents
· Have a proven track record within the community
· Committed to involving all sections of its community
· Supports and encourages community development in its area
· Actively engages with local people
· Delivers services in an holistic way
· Works with public, private and third sector partners
· Attracts resources and opportunities into its community
If you would like more information on the People and Communities Fund, you can access the website using the link http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Built-Environment/regeneration/community/pcf or by e-mail email@example.com.