Cernach believes that all residents have a right to their privacy. We know that some of the things you tell us are very sensitive and that your information should be treated accordingly. You have the right to expect Cernach and its staff to treat what you say to us as confidential. As a result, Cernach will not:
- Pass on your address or phone number to anyone, without your permission.
- Discuss your rent account with anyone else without your permission.
- Discuss any compliant you make about anti-social behaviour with the person you are complaining about without your permission. However, sometimes it is obvious who has made a complaint, and we can’t stop people making assumptions.
- Tell the Police or other agencies about any complaint you make without your permission.
- Discuss sensitive things with you in the open office. Instead you will be offered a private interview.
The only exceptions to these rules are:
- Where Cernach is legally obliged to pass on information.
- Where Cernach must pass on the information in order to provide you with a service. For example, passing on your phone number to our contractors.
- Where the safety of a resident or staff member is at risk by not passing on information.
- Where you have left a Cernach property owing money in which case information may be passed on to a debt collection agency.
- Where we are asked for a resident’s details by a utility company. This includes providing them with a forwarding address if you leave without clearing your account.
We treat confidentiality very seriously. It is a disciplinary offence for any of our staff to give out your information without your permission and without good reason.
The Data Protection Act
The Data protection Act 2018 makes sure that we look after the information we hold about you. We take this very seriously and we want to explain how we handle you information and the rights you have in relation to that data.
We take our obligation to comply with the data protection principles seriously and continually work on ensuring tenant privacy is considered in everything we do.
Information on what personal data we may collect, what purpose we use it for, who we may share it with and your rights are all explained in our privacy notice
If you would like a copy of our privacy notice in an alternative format, please contact the office on 0141 944 3860 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometimes we need to share information with other organisations for practical reasons, for example to give you support or help, or because we are dealing with antisocial behaviour that you are causing.
We also regularly share information with the Police where there are allegations of anti-social or criminal behaviour. We may also share information with debt collection agencies if you move leaving a debt or if you do not pay a repair recharge. If you would like more info on how we use your personal information please read our leaflet on GDPR Fair Processing Notice: how we use your personal information
Who can see my information?
The information we hold is only available to the staff who deal with your case. Our staff are trained to deal with confidential information and it is a serious disciplinary offence if it is used inappropriately.
You can make a request to access copies of the personal data we hold about you. You can do this at anytime and in any way, you choose.
We have a form that helps us to capture the relevant information to enable us to progress your request as soon as possible Data Subject Access Request form. (sar)
Once we have received your subject request form (and permission from any third parties which may be required for a particular request) we will provide you with the information within one month. However, you should bear in mind that we will not provide you with information that was provided to us by other people. For example, we won’t show you the details of any complaints made about you by other residents.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using information about you , you have the right to ask us to stop using it. However, in some circumstances we may not be able to comply with your request.